Complaints Procedure

We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we have provided then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve your concern fairly, professionally and as quickly as possible.

Informal Procedure
In the first instance, you should raise the matter promptly, either verbally or in writing, with the lawyer responsible for your case, as identified in our initial Letter of Engagement. The lawyer will discuss your concerns and attempt to resolve the matter informally.

Formal Procedure
If the matter cannot be resolved informally, or you would prefer not to discuss the issue with the lawyer dealing with your case, you will be entitled to raise the matter as a formal complaint in accordance with our Complaints Procedure, as set out below:

Legal Ombudsman
If, after completion of our internal Complaints Procedure, you still do not feel that the matter has been resolved to your satisfaction, you may have the right to contact the Legal Ombudsman. The Legal Ombudsman deals with complaints against lawyers and operates an independent, non-judicial dispute resolution procedure. However, the service is only available to individual members of the public, very small businesses, charities, clubs and trusts.
The Legal Ombudsman can be contacted via the website, by telephone on 0300 555 0333, by email at, or by writing to: Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ. You will normally need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving our final written response to your complaint or within six years of the act or omission about which you are complaining (or, if outside of this period, within three years of when you should reasonably have been aware of it).

The Solicitors Regulation Authority
The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic. You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

[CLICK HERE] to contact us for a free initial consultation.

[Back to Home Page]